Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hall Transformation "Before"

Dear blogging friends, it is time for summer and My Blue Cottage
takes a turnabout.  My dear sons take over the house and DH and I
travel to our Alabama homeplace for seven weeks to spend precious
time with family and work on our old homeplace. I will continue My
Blue Cottage, but the posts will be about our summer stay.



Last night I was dreaming I was walking through the homeplace in
the night listening to the quiet and at the same time, the train whistle.
I was dreaming about how to decorate the hall so the house would be a
little more comfortable as we work on it.  Come on in and visit awhile.
I have these beautiful doors and beautiful hall, but I haven't put any
furniture in here yet. I found a picture of an inspiration room.

I thought I could find two rugs as in the picture instead of trying to find
one long one.  I may paint the walls a pale lemon color to brighten the
room.  AND, put a sofa in the hall to receive guests!  I like the floral
sofa to put against the wall across from the fireplace. Right here!

And I found it!  I decided to look for a love seat so I could put a
small table beside it and a lamp for reading the mail. I walked in
the Habitat for Humanity store just as they brought in an almost new
floral love seat that would fit perfectly.  It was in excellent condition,
very clean and only $65.  We took it before they had it on the floor!

I think it looks pretty good!  In fact, it looks good in the blue cottage.
But I'll take it to the old homeplace for the summer.  Really, it might
even look good in the living room at the old homeplace instead.
I'll be sure to post "after" pictures when I get there. Thank you for
visiting with me today.  I hope to make the old homeplace more
comfortable this summer and I hope you will stop by and visit awhile.
I need your good decorating advice!  Have a great weekend!
Love,
Lottie

6 comments:

  1. Look at all those fireplaces! I am so envious! BEAUTIFUL! I think you have a good idea going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lottie, I LOVE the old home place! Can I stay the summer? It's beautiful! What a fun opportunity to redecorate it. I love the couch it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lottie!
    Thank you so much for coming by From My Front Porch and leaving a sweet comment!

    Both of your homes are gorgeous!! I am an "old house" girl, too!
    Have a safe trip and I will be checking in on you :) I cannot wait to see what you do with the old homeplace!
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lottie!
    Your blue cottage is L0VELY!! And your Alabama
    home~what a beauty! You will have so much fun putting it all together~ You have that special eye for these old ladies!
    ♥E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inspiration room is great! I can't wait to see the after!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, what a beautiful house--it has lovely features. I can't believe what a great inspiration photo you found and how much it matches your home!

    ReplyDelete