Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My mother's name was Annie Lee Johnson before she married my dad.
Then she was called Ann.....and Mom.  Here are some pictures of her
soon after she married and later when I was born.

I was born in 1955.  Mom was 23 and Dad was 29.  My mother
loved being a wife and mother.  So we had to endure many things,
such as eating our vegetables and taking piano lessons.  Here is a
picture of  my brothers and I right before we had a piano recital.
You can see my brothers were not to happy about the suits!

Mom was also one of the funniest persons I ever knew.  She always
found a way to find something funny in every situation.  She loved to
drink coffee and talk.  She was also a diabetic and died from diabetic
complications at 68.  I miss her.

So, this is my tribute to her this special day.  My sons took me out
yesterday for an early Mother's Day to eat BBQ!  It was fun and the
BBQ was great!  The best part was being together.


Have a happy Sunday and "Treasure Today!" 

Love,
Lottie

2 comments:

  1. What a beuatiful tribute to your mother. Have a wonderful Mother's Day Lottie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tribute to your mother. You have such great memories.
    Hope you can come by my blog for my special Mother's Day post today.

    May you have a blessed day.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete