Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Travel Part 2 - Dahlonega, GA

The second day of our trip, we visited a beautiful mountain town in
in north Georgia called Dahlonega.  It was where the first gold was
found in the United States.  Today I didn't take pictures of houses,
but enjoyed an art show downtown with DH.  We visited the shops
and enjoyed an ice cream cone.  It was fun!  Here are some of the
unique buildings around this beautiful stop on our journey.

We admired the brick work on this unique store, along with the
dental molding across the top.

And who would have thought of painting a store green?  I love it!

This house downtown has been converted into a restaurant.
 This house has been converted into a lawyer's office.
And now for my favorite buildings.....DH told me 38 years ago we
were going to get married and live in a rock house.  We did get
married, but we lived in a mobile home, which I loved.  (Love the
house you're in).  But I'm still looking for that rock house.
The town has the gold mine museum in the middle of a circle in the
middle of  town.
What a fun day!  There was just too much to do! Hope you are
having a great day today!  In my next post, I'll tell about the pink
roses in the glass.
Love,
Lottie

4 comments:

  1. I love towns with great buildings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this great trip with us. I enjoyed seeing the old buildings. So much history there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love towns that retain their architectural charm. Looks like a great town to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun town girl WOW!! I just love old buildings and I live in a town like that..where Sutter also discovered gold ha ha!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete