Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Snapshot of Happiness

You would think that a light bulb moment would happen in church, or in the middle of a beautiful garden, or walking on the beach during a gorgeous sunset!  Not to me.  It happened in the waiting room of my chiropractor while reading Good Housekeeping magazine.  The article stated that the key to happiness was in how much gratitude we felt.  So I started thinking on the drive home about how thankful I was for my quirky extended family! Here is a snapshot of a day in the summer of 1965.  That is ten year old silly me right in the center.


Life can change in an instant.  We can't make time stand still nor would we want to.  I am amazed at how many family members in this photo are no longer with us.  I can almost hear the laughter and the silliness that went on before this photo!  ( And the fun during the watermelon spitting contest between the girls and the boys) Be thankful every minute of the day for "your" quirky family, no matter how quirky!

Celebrate your life.  If you are having a particularly great day, grab a camera and take a picture.  I guess we as bloggers do that anyway.  I think of all the pictures I took of my children cleaned up and in their best clothes.  I thought I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, but now I wish I had pictures of my two little sons digging holes in the backyard.  They were so dirty it was hard to recognize them!  Oh, how I wish I had taken a picture that day!

Well, at least I have a picture of  the participants in the watermelon spitting contest of 1965!  I am so thankful I have this picture.  Thank you for stopping by today!  Do you take snapshots of happiness?

Love,
Lottie

4 comments:

  1. So good, Lottie! What a wonderful picture of your family in the '60s. They do look so happy and smiling. So often that's not the case. Why did people used to frown so much in pictures, I wonder?

    And yes, I wish so much that I had pictures of our kids coming in filthy after playing all day or even lying on the floor with their chin in their hands watching Captain Kangaroo in the morning in their Dr. Denton pjs.

    That's one thing that young parents seem to do today--take lots of pictures of their kids. Pictures bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I take pictures of EVERYTHING!

    Pictures are the best way to capture life just
    as your photo shows.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last P&S camera fitted into my pocket; this new one doesn't but I still carry it around everywhere. There are tons of photos just waiting to be taken. Great post, Lottie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been some time, real nice. Really enjoyed looking at the family picture. Dad

    ReplyDelete