Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Cards

It's December 10th and I've only received two Christmas cards.
One card is from my boss and the other from a distant relative
of my husband whom I've never met.  They always send a nice
picture of their children so I'm glad we are on their card list.
I wasn't sure what to do about sending Christmas cards this year.
Some complain that cards are too expensive or time consuming.
Some of our very close relatives don't send us a card in return. 
With email and text messages, it seems the Christmas card as
a tradition is disappearing.  But what better way to send the
message, "Wishing You a Merry Christmas!"  I looked back at
all the precious and beautiful cards I had saved over the years.
 I still want to wish loved ones a Merry Christmas, so I found
a box of simple and sweet cards at 20 for $2. 
The stamps cost $8.80 so with the cards it only cost around $11.
I spent Sunday afternoon writing out cards to all my family that
lived out-of-state.  It made me feel good to connect that way.  I
hope family is glad to receive their cards.

My dad is 86 and loves machines.  He doesn't like Christmas
decorations or cards.  All my life my mom called him
Mr. Scrooge in December.  So I try to find him a funny card.
He doesn't like my pets either, so I sent him one similar to this.


 

When it is cold outside, and you have to put on your coat
to go down to that cold mailbox and open it up.....it would
be nice to get Christmas cards instead of medical bills!

So, get out your address book and address a few cards to 
family and friends.  Maybe they will send you a card, too,
and you can put up a string in your hall to hang your cards
on.  Well, I mailed my cards five days ago and still only 
have two cards on my string so far. But I'm sure more 
will come in soon!  

What do you do about Christmas cards at your home?
Wishing Everyone A Merry Christmas!

Love,
Lottie

4 comments:

  1. In this day and age of electronic communication, it's nice to get real mail, out of the actual mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tradition of Christmas cards and mail during December is always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sending cards out too, but sadly my list is getting smaller and smaller. People just don't like sending them out anymore. So far I have only gotten one, but I am still hoping to get some more.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sending cards and of course receiving them. I have started making my own Christmas postcards to send...in the past that was all people did send. A post card cost twenty eight cents and remember it's the thought that counts..not the cost.. I want friends and loved ones to know I still am thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete