Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Treasure Today


That's what I used to say all the time when my sons were 10 and 12 years old.  It seemed they were interested in everything!  And of course I saved what ever they put together or created or found.  I put it all in a display case as if our home was a museum! That was 20 years ago!


I was taking each creation out today and dusting when I stopped a minute. 


I took a minute to remember watching them spend hours bent over a table gluing or holding their little hands together making a little pot on their dad's lap at his potter's wheel.

Both sons have moved across country and I have been adjusting to their absence each day.  What has helped most has been your wonderful comments! Thank you for sharing with me!

Oh my goodness!  I can't even dust without getting emotional! I usually love dusting, but today I'm having a hard time.  Does that ever happen to you?

Have a great week!
Love,
Lottie



4 comments:

  1. I think it is part of being female.
    Our emotions can get the best of us
    sometimes.

    You are lucky to still have the boys creations.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the empty nest syndrome ever really goes away, Lottie. We women just learn to deal with their abaen e over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Lottie,

    I can't tell you how many times I broke down dusting, organizing, and cleaning my daughter's room since she's been in Canada! Keep busy, get cooking, baking, or gardening...whatever, to pass the time during these first few weeks of separation anxiety round 2!;))

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you took the time to remember your boys when they were little. I agree that I don't think the empty nest syndrome ever really goes away. Of course, we want our kids to grow up and be their own successful adults, but it's so hard to not see them every day and share in all the little joys and sorrows of their lives. I miss that too, and my "little boy" (who is 26) lives just across town from me.

    ReplyDelete