Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas thoughts

It is Christmas eve and there is still so much to do.  Oh well, this is turning out to be the best Christmas ever! (I say that every year :-)  I for one will miss the holiday season.

 I will miss all the Christmas cards from loved ones wishing us holiday cheer!  We just put them across the mantel as they came in! 
 

What a beautiful, tangible way to say "I love you" across the miles!


When DH and I finally put up the Christmas tree, I was a little sad that our two little boys had grown up and left us to put up the tree by ourselves.  DH did a great job decorating it and when he stepped back for me to take the picture, there was our sweet dog, Sardis and mean cat, Elizabeth!  They were with us all along!


We had a lot of fun with extended family, too!  Our nephews came over and we had sandwiches and Christmas cookies!  My heart just melts when I visit with these intelligent, young men!


And I will miss all the lights decorating the houses for Christmas!  I've been walking Sardis right at dusk lately just to see the lights.


Here is my card to you!  Best wishes for the holiday season filled with love!

Love,
Lottie




6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Christmas holiday!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card, Lottie. Your tree is very pretty, too.
    I too will miss Christmas and all its delightful moments. Tonight my children and I are staying up as long as we can keep our eyes open. Right now we are watching It's a Wonderful Life. The lights on the house and on the tree will stay lit all night to celebrate the last moments of Christmas.
    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Lottie. A couple of days late. I sit my cards around the house. I even save pretty ones from past years to pile in baskets to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Christmas eve you had, Lottie. Everything looks lovely. I love both sending and receiving Christmas cards, though I have to admit that in recent years, they seem to be less and less.

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete