Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Paying it back to Elizabeth cat

Last week I stayed close to home (except for two trips to the store) to take care of my ... cat ... Elizabeth. We raised Elizabeth from a kitten and for eight years she would stay close to us when anyone in the family was sick. We let her out one night and she came back with her back legs hurt.  I won't describe any more ... just to state that after a week of carrying her food to her and $220 veterinary services, she is doing well.


She didn't cry once!  But boy did she ever growl!

Things are slowly getting back to normal!

Love,
Lottie


Update:  We lost Elizabeth the first week of  October, 2020..  She was 15 years old.  She couldn't drink water or eat.  Sometimes she couldn't walk.  Yet, she slept on my bed with me at night and in my lap during the day.  I always loved her and I believe she loved me.  Good=by Elizabeth.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad Elizabeth is on the mend. She's a cutie sitting there at the window. That's where my Ben sits and 'guards' the house, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your poor kitty. I do hope she will be as good as new very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary when your pet is hurting. Our 1 year old pup cut his pad and bled like crazy last week. It was so scary. He's getting back to normal now. Glad to hear Elizabeth is too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Elizabeth continues to improve. She is a beauty - looks like my late cat T.C. I no longer let my cats outside after injuries including a wood splinter in the head! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Elizabeth, I hope she continues to do well. It always seems to me that our dogs understand more that we're trying to help them when we're following vet's orders than our cat does. She just does not understand why we're putting her through such things as meds and cleaning hurt spots.

    Elizabeth is beautiful, looks a lot like my son's female cat, Gwendolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby.... I'm glad she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad she is on the mend.

    Normal is good.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for Elizabeth. She reminds me of a cat we had.It's hard when our pets are hurting cause we can't communicate about it to them. Glad she's on the mend and when she get active again she worked it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Animals seem to know when we aren't well. I am glad she is doing better. Tis no fun at all to watch our little friends suffer.

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete