Usually at this point in the Thanksgiving holiday, I am so frantic
from planning, cooking, and cleaning that it is crying time. Not
so this year. I am calm and feeling pretty good.
This year, because of medical issues, I can't cook the big
traditional dinner so my DH is doing it. But my DSs asked
for a different menu. They asked for broccoli and spinach
salad! What sweethearts!
Since May 8th, I've lost 37 pounds. That is seven months
of healthy eating. I never wrote down a single food, calorie
or carb. I feel so much better! I still have 40 pounds to
go so I'm half way there! I still have diabetes but things
are better. Here is what I did.
1. Eat three vegetables every day. (Most important!)
2. Eat three fruits every day. (Raw and colorful!)
3. Drink 2 glasses of skim milk. ( I chose organic milk.)
4. Eat a serving of lean protein every meal.
5. In my mind, I counted 2 or 3 carb servings each meal.
Such as blueberries, a roll, broccoli, tomatoes and chicken is
6. Walk around the block 2 or 3 times each day you can.
No stress. That was the important thing. And eating for
vitamins and the nutrients was the goal. So, because of
Thanksgiving dinner, we don't want to change our focus.
Oh, and DH is cooking the turkey this year! What a
Everyone enjoy time with your families!
(It is really not about the food.)