Sunday, October 3, 2010

Travel Gatlinburg, Tenn. - Romantic Gazebo

When we went to the mountains in Gatlinburg, Tenn., we stayed
at Oakmont timeshare. It was really more like apartments but it
had some beautful landscaping.  One night, on our walk, we
came across this beautiful gazebo! Notice the lights on
each post.  They were dim at night and gave the gazebo a
romantic look. But it was the aroma of the purple butterfly
bushes planted around it that made the gazebo like heaven!

Then we followed a path to a rose arbor.  Again, the scent was
like heaven. (DH is standing under the arbor.)


It was hot so we made use of the pool, both indoor and outdoor.
 
There were large pots of heat loving plants everywhere.  Yes, it
was hot!

The people who worked at Oakmont were the nicest ever. And
some of the other guests became very good friends that week.
But I have to be honest....the mattress was the worst I had ever
slept on.  I thought that was why I had such back pain and just
went on with the vacation with the worse pain in my life. I
should have gone to a doctor.   Thank you for coming along
today with us.  I'll post pictures of the actual mountains soon.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Lottie






3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Lottie! I'm so very glad that your health concerns are under control. Your trips looks like it was a blast,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely. I just adore Gazebos. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful!! I hate bad beds in motels because back pain is no fun!!

    ReplyDelete