Saturday, January 23, 2010

In the Kitchen - Canisters

I was in the kitchen tonight and I was filling up my canisters, when I thought about how important it is to surround yourself with beauty and the things you love.  I love the colors and the shape and how they look on my kitchen counter.  Every time I walk in my kitchen, I see those canisters and smile. They also have special meaning to me because they were the first birthday gift I ever gave to myself  from me! Yes, I was over fifty years old before it occurred to me to give myself something for my birthday that I really wanted.

So,  I don't keep flour and sugar and meal in these...I have Swiss Miss chocolate packs in one, tea bags in another, individual Spenda packs in the smallest one, and "cookies" or healthy snack bars in the big one. Maybe because the canisters are so pretty, none of my sons or my husband ever open the lids to see what I have in there!

Love,
Lottie

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely and a great idea to put other things into them.

    David and I are hoping to redo our kithchen this year. One that costs as little as possible since we are doing it all ourselves. He wants to make some cabinets and if he does I will finally have more space and maybe be able to buy me some canisters to set out. Of course this all depends on the economy getting better this year.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lottie,

    What a lovely post and a lovely blog. I took some time early this morning to visit and read through your blog. Your homeplace is wonderful.
    The canisters are charming.

    Thank you for stopping by to visit.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty canisters filled with good stuff! Nothing stops my kids from rummaging through things. Your little Elizabeth is a cutie! Have a great day. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lottie,
    Just wanted to stop by and say Hi also wanted to thank you for dropping by A Petite Cottage the other day. I do hope you enjoyed your visit and that you will be back to visit again soon. Wishing you a wonderful day...Oh and by the way...your canitster are very pretty.

    Hugs and Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lottie, Thanks so much for stopping by Tidy Brown Wren and leaving your sweet comments. I love your canisters. It's always fun to have colorful and functional accents in one's home. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful and great to have your own private stash in there. lol
    Great idea to give yourself a birthday present, too.

    ReplyDelete