Monday, March 21, 2016

I'm Back! :D Kitchen Thoughts

Well, I've had some medical issues and I've been away from the blog for about four months! I've missed my bloggy friends! I still have a way to go yet on recovery but I am working hard. Ready to focus on something else in my life!  Ready to treasure today!

Kitchen Thoughts


 I asked DH to bring back my dresser that was stored in Alabama.  It was my dresser when I was a little girl.  My mom bought it at a yard sale for a couple of dollars in 1965 and it was falling apart and had thread spools for hinges held on by twine. I used it in that condition.  Forty years later, DH had it repaired and new hinges put on it.  It is better but not strong.  Not a great antique, but definitively loved. The bottom drawer was especially loved since it held all my poems, short stories, and love letters I received from DH when I was a teenager.

What a wonderful "welcome station" at the side door it makes now! Great storage for dish towels, place mats, table cloths and napkins at the far end of the kitchen.


Bought new green rugs and green dishtowels for the kitchen.  I love this kitchen! Looks very 80ish doesn't it?  I just think of all those dinners I cooked here for twenty years.  I'm not too sentimental when it comes to appliances, as DH installed a new dishwasher since this picture was taken!

Thank for visiting today!  Glad to be back!  Now I can visit with you for awhile!

Treasure today,
Lottie












4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dresser, Lottie. I think it's wonderful to have things in your home with such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lottie, so glad your back and I hope doing well and on the way to a full recovery!. Love your little dresser, but then you know I love sentimental things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to about the health issues but glad you are back!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete