Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dining Room Desk

Have you kept your New Year Resolutions?  I have! 

   We are into day 22 and I can hardly wait for this year to be over!  Why did I make such hard resolutions?  Remember the first one?  
I resolve in 2015 to be totally responsible for my own goals. 

 One of my goals was to clean, sort, and organize my dining room desk.  This desk is not the family desk or the computer desk but my desk (in the dining room) where I keep recipes, magazine articles and any information I print off the internet.  My stuff!

 

I took everything off the top and out of the drawers and sorted it all in stacks on the den.  The den was tied up for about two weeks because I had to read each paper again and evaluate whether to keep it.  The left two drawers in the picture above is a file drawer. I threw away about 20% of the stuff.


 Then I started thinking about the time I had spent and began to wonder if I was going to do this again?  I quickly threw away 50 % of what was left.


It is much easier to use the desk now!

Love,
Lottie

12 comments:

  1. My goal is to get organized too, that's the easy part, the hard part finding a place to put it all? You did an amazing job. I think I need to purge! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I need to do that to my husband's desk. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome!
    I see your green mug too.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, Lottie. That is why I don't make New Years resolutions, Too hard to keep, I try each day to do a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I wish my desk was so organized, but it's not at all lol

    Thank you for your visit :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now it looks like a charming place to write, read or blog! I love that you see all your pretty dishes in that china cabinet while you sit at your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning off the desk is something I need to do. I wait and wait until I can't stand it anymore. Then I spend so much time sorting and organizing; but it seems to pile up again. Paperwork is no fun to me. But, something I should make myself do. Your desk looks so nice now! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful Lottie, it's amazing how much clutter affects our mood. I'm trying to keep my desk clean now that I've re-done my office but it's hard for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you're so happy you stuck to your new years resolution! It looks perfect. I love your dining room wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to do this at home and at school! When it comes to tasks like this I usually take the Scarlett O'Hara approach: "Tomorrow is another day..." :-)

    Your desk looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good, I'm proud of you! I badly need to do this but don't even have a desk especially for all my cooking/meal planning paperwork, notebooks, recipes not yet taped in notebooks, post it notes with menus jotted down…

    It all gets stuck in a basket that I carry from the sofa where I plan menus, to the kitchen to actually use. And it will all get tossed out by my kids when I'm gone, even my big cookbook collection because they use the internet for recipes.

    I bet you do feel so much more organized now.

    ReplyDelete