Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Time for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 128


I've come to look forward to these chats on the farmhouse porch each week.

Everyday Ruralty


Join us while we visit with Patrice at Everyday Ruralty, and answer the questions!

1. What is your favorite kind of bread? (wheat, white, rye, sourdough, a gluten free type, etc.)

I love home baked sourdough bread made with a live starter.  My husband used to knead the bread for us and keep a fresh loaf baked.  But we ate too much bread and butter and had to stop.  My second favorite are those big fat yeast rolls that used to come in restaurants with honey butter!  Yum!  Had to stop eating those too!  Now we just have a half slice of toasted health nut bread every so often.

2. Would you go to an opera if someone you know was in it?

SURE!  I love all the sets and costumes and music and the whole thing!  I would just look up the story on the internet before I went and figure it out as I went along.  It would really be special to know one of the cast members!  And DH looks so handsome dressed up!

3. What is your favorite kind of citrus fruit?

As far as just eating, I love to peel a big naval orange and enjoy eating it section after section!  But I also love lemons with sugar, as in lemon cookies, lemon meringue pie, and lemon icing on a vanilla cake.

4. Are you doing any home renovations or decorating projects? 


DH is painting the inside of my kitchen cabinets right now!  I asked for his help in changing the shelf paper and HE decided the cabinets needed painting....which was just fine with me! LOL!  We have everything in the cabinets now stacked in the dining room and the breakfast area so things are tight right now but it will all be finished soon and I'll have a more beautiful organized kitchen!

5. If you could sit in a rocking chair and view a beautiful scene, where would you be and what would you be looking at?

I was just thinking about the balcony and rocking chairs at our dear friends' beach house at Myrtle Beach, SC. I would see the white sand and white sea gulls against blue sky and blue green ocean waves breaking.  The most interesting thing is to watch the people speed walking along the beach wrapped up in light jackets and hats.  They all look so healthy!

This really is a funny question because our dear friends were going to be away and had asked us if we would like to stay the weekend at their beach house?  My first thought was about how much we had to do to put the kitchen back and how much work still is left to do, but then when I sat down to rest and answer these questions, I really started thinking how wonderful it would be to really go!  So I told DH that we weren't getting any younger and let's go to the beach!  He said he had already told our friends we would love to come!  I'm not even going to look at a weather report!

Love,
Lottie


4 comments:

  1. This is my first time visiting here....your "cottage" is gorgeous. My favorite question is the "rocking chair" one....I'm enjoying reading all the answers. HOPE y'all have an awesome weekend away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being at the beach sounds wonderful. Our good friends in Naples, FL invited us to get away any weekend we want this winter, but aren't going to be able to do it. What a bummer! My toes are so cold today, and it would sure be nice to warm them in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your beach trip is wonderful! I like your willingness to go to the opera. I would need to look it up to see what is happening too. I agree with you on the citrus question. I hope to see you on the porch again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lottie, thanks for visiting me. Miss you all and will be back in the swing of things Apr 1st!

    ReplyDelete