Happy 2014 bloggy friends! I'm so looking forward to the upcoming year! This time last year I was coming home from the hospital after surgery and pretty much stuck at home recovering for two months so the fact that I am walking around this year makes me pretty happy! DH and I even celebrated the New Year with our sweet friends. So I am pretty positive about 2014!
Join me as I visit with Patrice and Wendell at everydayruralty.com for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch # 122. Here are my questions and answers for this week.
1. Did you make any New Year's Resolutions?
Yes, I do every year. But this year I just made sure they were do-able resolutions:
1. Continue to weigh every Monday morning and write it down in my notebook.
2. Walk 26 miles a month. I did that July 2013 and wrote my miles on the calendar.
3. Eat blueberries EVERY day! My dad has been doing this the last 7 years or so. He is 89!
2. Are your decorations still up?
No. After the presents were opened, the food was all eaten, and everybody went home, DH and I were left to look at the decorations. It took us three days to put back all those decorations, inside and out!
3. What did Santa bring you? Okay, maybe not Santa...
Every year I wish for another car, since my beloved Oldsmobile had over 200,000 miles on it. My Santa, DH, gave me my dream car for Christmas, a purple, 2008, Buick Lucerne! I love it!
4 Do you have any special plans for 2014?
Not special plans, but general plans. For instance, we just want to enjoy our retirement a little more by being on the look out for more opportunities to travel and have fun.
5. Have you had any snow yet?
Oh my goodness, no. Just cold wind and rain in South Carolina! I know snow is beautiful, but my heart really goes out to the people they show on national news without electricity because of the ice!
Well, that is all for now! I'm pretty positive this year! I hope you are, too!
And if you have time, join Patrice on Tuesdays at everydayrurality.com for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch.