Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch # 122

Everyday Ruralty 

Happy 2014 bloggy friends!  I'm so looking forward to the upcoming year! This time last year I was coming home from the hospital after surgery and pretty much stuck at home recovering for two months so the fact that I am walking around this year makes me pretty happy!  DH and I even celebrated the New Year with our sweet friends.  So I am pretty positive about 2014!

Join me as I visit with Patrice and Wendell at everydayruralty.com for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch # 122.  Here are my questions and answers for this week.   

1.   Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? 
 Yes, I do every year.  But this year I just made sure they were do-able resolutions:
           1.  Continue to weigh every Monday morning and write it down in my notebook. 
           2.  Walk 26 miles a month.  I did that July 2013 and wrote my miles on the calendar.
           3.  Eat blueberries EVERY day!  My dad has been doing this the last 7 years or so.  He is 89! 

2.   Are your decorations still up?
No.  After the presents were opened, the food was all eaten, and everybody went home,  DH and I were left to look at the decorations.  It took us three days to put back all those decorations, inside and out!  

3.  What did Santa bring you? Okay, maybe not Santa...
Every year I wish for another car, since my beloved Oldsmobile had over 200,000 miles on it.  My Santa, DH, gave me my dream car for Christmas, a purple, 2008, Buick Lucerne!  I love it!

4  Do you have any special plans for 2014? 
Not special plans, but general plans.  For instance, we just want to enjoy our retirement a little more  by being on the look out for more opportunities to travel and have fun. 

5.  Have you had any snow yet? 
Oh my goodness, no.  Just cold wind and rain in South Carolina!  I know snow is beautiful, but my heart really goes out to the people they show on national news without electricity because of the ice!

Well, that is all for now!  I'm pretty positive this year! I hope you are, too!
And if you have time, join Patrice on Tuesdays at everydayrurality.com for  Chats on the Farmhouse Porch.

Best wishes,
Lottie  

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what an accompllishment
    from a year ago!

    Happy 2014.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Lottie! I am starting to take my decorations down today. Yep, we have snow with more on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like good resolutions. Making attainable ones is smart. Congratulations on your car. Another Chats person got a new car for Christmas. :) Wendell is not enjoying the snow. We got 4-5" last night. It makes farming hard. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between walking and keeping track of your weight, I bet you feel so much better than before. I also eat blueberries most days - great antioxidant and good source of fibre.
    As for the snow - I'm sick of it already. We have had snow on the ground here in SW Ontario since the last week of November with more to come tomorrow. It's going to be a long winter.
    The one highlight for us this year is that my daughter is getting married in September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Lottie! What a difference a year makes. Glad you got a new car--and a cool one, too! I like those do-able resolutions. I'll have to make some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your New Year's resolutions...the fact that you've made them do-able ones. I think I am going to give all three of them a try. I may have to alter #2 a bit because I live in WV and in a rural area. When we have ice and snow I am not able to get out on our road and walk. But I could do my walking DVD. You have inspired me in this area, Lottie! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and your husband are able to enjoy many little trips together this year.

    It is strange to me how so many places can be having record cold this winter while where we live in California are having record warm and dry weather. I truly wish it would rain!

    Happy New Year!
    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes--we have had WEIRD weather here in SC---from the teens to the 70's in a weeks time!

    ReplyDelete