Sunday, September 15, 2013

Time for a Chat on the Farmhouse Porch 109

Everyday Ruralty

Hello Bloggy Friends! 
I have so enjoyed these chats on Patrice's farmhouse porch! I'm a little behind in posting this week as I read the questions and then went for my daily walk to think about the answers.  By the time I had come back home, I forgot to post them!  (Have you ever forgotten that you were going to do something?) 
 
Questions

1.  Did you ever take piano lessons, as a child or adult?
Yes, briefly in the 3rd grade, my brother and I took lessons.  It seemed all the kids in the neighborhood in Grand Prairie, Texas, took lessons in the early 60s. 

2.  How many times do you eat out each month?
Since DH and I retired, I would say ten to twelve times a month.  Here's how it goes.
Every Tuesday morning, DH and I love  to eat breakfast out at our favorite family owned local restaurant where we always see people we know.  The waitresses are former students of mine and  DH loves the waitresses to flutter around him to refill his coffee every sip he takes.  Ha!

Every Sunday for lunch, my grown son takes us out to his favorite family owned restaurant after church.  We see the same people there every week and the dining room is always full.  They also have a different cobbler each week for dessert.  (Yes, there are some perks to getting old.)

We  go out for birthdays and anniversaries to someplace nice at least once a month.  We've also fallen into the habit of eating lunch out on Fridays as we run errands.  

3.  If you could snap your fingers and change one thing about your appearance, what would that be?  (Temporary or permanent)
I'm 5 foot 2 inches short.  Every dress or pair of pants my whole life had to hemmed.  Also, I always have to ask for help reaching things.  If I could snap my fingers, I would like to try to be 5 foot 6 inches for awhile.

4.  Do you like looking at art or photography?  Do you go to any place that displays them?
Yes, I like looking at both.  Being married to an artist for forty years has been wonderful!  We have visited many art museums in many cities!

5.  Do you have new things for your fall/ winter wardrobe?
Yes, I have a very comfortable orange dress with leaves on it.  Also, I bought an orange blouse with orange embroidery on it!  These should look nice when I go out for breakfast this fall!






Lottie































3 comments:

  1. I love reading your answers. It is nice getting to know more about yourself. I have posted things that was a draft and was not finished with. Now I try to be more careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always fun getting to know folks better. Thanks for sharing these tidbits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget what I meant to do all the time! Your answers are fun and your new fall clothes with orange will be fun to wear. I do wish my husband did not hate to eat out. I get so tired of cooking supper sometimes. That sounds like a nice routine to me!

    ReplyDelete